By Wendy Martin
An interesting new reference paintings that illuminates the ideals, customs, occasions, fabric tradition, and associations that made up Emily Dickinson's international, giving clients a look at either Dickinson's existence and instances and the social historical past of the USA within the nineteenth century.
• presents greater than two hundred alphabetically prepared entries, overlaying such topics as structure; costume; schooling and highbrow existence; newspapers; marriage; kinfolk (including Dickinson's own); foods and drinks; associates; vegetation and animals; non secular practices; philosophies; battle; the various symbols and issues present in Dickinson's poetry; and different features of Dickinson's era
• offers a chronology from 1801 to 1945 directory milestones in Emily Dickinson's existence, her guides, in addition to major occasions of the nineteenth century
• bargains listings of steered books, on-line assets, and videos
• offers illustrations and pictures that upload to the knowledge of Dickinson's reports and the area round her
Read or Download All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World PDF
Similar encyclopaedias books
This can be an up to date model of the recognized Saul Goodman sleek technique for Tympani. Roland Kohloff was once the basics Editor, and Gary Werdesheim used to be the tune Editor, lower than the path of Anthony J. Cirone. Many pages have been re-engraved and plenty of images were re-done. This variation will proceed the legacy of Saul Goodman as instructor and mentor to generations of percussion scholars, lecturers, and performers.
The 1st actually multidisciplinary textual content of its type, this ebook deals an unique research of the present nation of linguistic pragmatics. Cummings argues that no learn of pragmatics can quite forget the old and modern impacts in this self-discipline of neighboring fields of inquiry, really philosophy, psychology, synthetic intelligence, and language pathology.
First released in 2003. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
“This useful consultant is luxurious with transparent, step by step suggestion. ” —Real easy seeing that its unique e-book approximately thirty years in the past, The Well-Tended Perennial backyard has helped domestic gardeners effectively plan, plant, and have a tendency their gardens. Now Tracy Di-Sabato-Aust’s trusty suggestion and reassuring tone are again and higher than ever during this thoroughly revised re-creation.
- Karl Larenz – Methodenlehre und Philosophie des Rechts in Geschichte und Gegenwart (Berliner Juristische Universitätsschriften: Grundlagen des Rechts 49) (German Edition)
- Das kleine Drogenlexikon: mit Lexikon des Drogenslangs (German Edition)
- Japan at War: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia
- Practical Lock Picking: A Physical Penetration Tester's Training Guide
- The Craft of Scientific Communication (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
Additional resources for All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World
All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World by Wendy Martin